Attack on soldier led to tip-off

0
Have your say

A SECOND Bulwell man is facing a lengthy prison-sentence after pleading guilty to a violent attack on an off-duty soldier.

Daniel Moore (22), of Lathkill Close, has pleaded guilty to assault, causing grievous bodily harm (GBH) with intent, of 19-year-old Jamie Edwards.

Nottingham Crown Court heard that it is alleged Moore kicked his victim to the head.

He was identified from CCTV footage after the police received an anonymous phone-call tip-off, said Jeremy Janes (prosecuting).

Moore is the third man charged with the attack. Luke Stone (21), of Cheviot Drive, Bulwell, and Aaron Winfield (19), of Broxtowe, previously pleaded guilty to GBH and were jailed for four-and-a-half and four years respectively.

The soldier was attacked at 2.30 am on Sunday June 5 on Clumber Street in Nottingham city centre.

He suffered a fractured eye-socket and cheek and needed a metal plate inserting.

Mr Edwards, who is a Grenadier Guard, was on leave and out with his fiancee in his home city when he was attacked.

Stone and Winfield were were arrested separately from Moore, the cout heard.

Moore’s barrister, Michael Evans, asked for a pre-sentence report by probation officers.

Judge Tony Mitchell bailed Moore until Monday November 21, with a condition that he must not enter Nottingham city centre. The judge said Moore would receive a custodial sentence and should be dealt with by the Recorder of Nottingham, Judge Michael Stokes, who sentenced the other two men.