Bosses at a Sutton factory have faced a disastrous week after a fire broke out which took four hours to extinguish and a man was trapped in a hydraulic press at the premises.
Firefighters freed the man from machinery at Meridian Lightweight Technologies after being called out at about 8.15am today.
He was taken to hospital but with leg injuries but his condition is not known.
The accident came just three days after a four-hour long fire at the Orchard Way magnesium processing factory, which broke out on Saturday morning at about 4am.
The building was left with smoke damage after the blaze, which is believed to have started when smelting works at the site caught fire and was attended by 16 firefighters.
Dry powder was used to bring the fire under control.
In January another serious blaze at the premises sparked a warning for Sutton and Huthwaite residents to keep their windows shut after a build-up of magnesium at the base of a machine caught fire.
During this incident firefighters were at the scene for more than five hours.
Watch manager at Sutton Fire Station Richard Cooper said at the time: “They were serious conditions inside the building because you cannot put water on magnesium, you need a dry agent, and it can easily start up again.”
Meridian declined to comment on either of the latest incidents when contacted by Chad.
A spokesman for the Health and Safety Executive said the organisation was aware of the incident involving the injured man and was investigating it.