FIRE at mobile classroom in Ashfield

Fire Service.Generic Fire engine and Fire service officers for Scarborough.Picture Richard Ponter 132217c
Fire Service.Generic Fire engine and Fire service officers for Scarborough.Picture Richard Ponter 132217c

Firefighters were called to a blaze in a portable building, which is used as a classroom, in Ashfield this morning (January 7).

Crews and two fire engines from Ashfield fire station attended Alfreton Road, in Sutton, after reports the cabin had caught on fire, at about 10.15am.

They used a hose reel jet, a CO2 extinguisher, a thermal imaging camera and breathing equipment to put out the blaze at the 20m x 10m building.

A service spokesman said the portable building was ‘used as a classroom’.

Check back later for more information.