DCSIMG

Memorials renewed

War memorial.

War memorial.

Memorials dedicated to the soldiers who fell in World War One are being cleaned and restored by Ashfield District Council.

In Sutton, the plaques on the gates at St. Mary’s Church have been replaced, the bayonet of the soldier on the war memorial has been replaced, the inlaid lead anchor has been renewed and chain has been placed to surround the memorial as originally laid in 1920.

The war memorial in Kirkby has had the name of Lance Bombardier Braddow altered from ‘Braddon’ to Braddow, to correctan error made in the 1920’s.

Teversal football ground’s plaque has been replaced and the gates at Hucknall have been painted.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page