DCSIMG

Sutton house fire sparks warning

Firefighters are warning residents about the importance of working smoke alarms after a Sutton man had a lucky escape from a house fire.

Ashfield firefighters were called to a property on Brookfield Avenue at 5.15pm on Friday after a man had fallen asleep while using a chip pan and it caught fire.

The house’s smoke alarms were not working because the batteries had not been replaced. The kitchen was badly damaged and the man taken to hospital suffering with smoke inhalation.

A spokesman said: “The occupant was extremely lucky to wake up and be able to get out of the house. It is so important to have working smoke alarms.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news