HUCKNALL was the venue for the prestigious annual lunch of the 504 (COUNTY OF NOTTINGHAM) SQUADRON OF THE ROYAL AUXILIARY AIR FORCE (RAUXAF) ASSOCIATION.
The Rolls-Royce Leisure club on Watnall Road played host to the event for the squadron, which was formed in 1928 as a special reserve force at Hucknall Airfield operating Hawker Horsely aircraft.
After becoming part of the Auxiliary Air Force in 1936, it was embodied into the RAF Fighter Command at the outbreak of World War Two.
During the war, members of the squadron fought in the Battle Of Britain flying Hurricanes and Spitfires.
At the head of the lunch was Dr Laurence Howard, Her Majesty’s Lord Lieutenant of Rutland and Honorary Commodore of the squadron.