Man hospitalised after Mansfield flat fire late last night

editorial image

A man was taken to hopsital after a flat fire in Mansfield last night.

Two crews from Mansfield and Ashfield attended Goodacre Street after a call at about 10pm.

The blaze was in the front living room and the male was taken to hospital for a check-up after smoke inhalation.

Another resident in the upstairs flat was evacuated as a precaution.

Breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and a positive ventilation fan was used as part of the rescue.

Crews left about an hour later.