Mansfield Town loan plans could change

Mansfield Town vs Nottingham Forest - One Call Stadium - Pic By James Williamson
Mansfield Town vs Nottingham Forest - One Call Stadium - Pic By James Williamson

Plans to let one or two more Mansfield Town players out on loan to National League clubs could be put on hold if the players continue to impress in the reserves.

Stags were expected to let three fringe players out on loan last week, but only defender George Taft went before the transfer window closed.

However, that rule does not apply to non-League and manager Steve Evans said: “The window for those clubs has just opened up, so we’ll address it after the weekend.

“There are one or two that need to go and get some games and it’s our job to get them into the office and give them that opportunity.

“But it has to be said there was one or two lads that played in the reserves on Tuesday at Rotherham and did themselves no harm whatsoever.

“They were excellent, so I rule nothing in, I rule nothing out.

“All I’d say is that our job here is to pick a team that could be successful. It’s never about where you come from, what you earn or what your name is. It’s all about what performances you can deliver.

“We have a lot of players here on top of their game and who are playing exceptionally well.”