Mum-of-two Natalie Orton was discovered dead at around 10pm on August 30 this year- 11 hours after being reported missing.
Opening the inquest, coroner for Nottinghamshire Heidi Connor said there had been “concerns for Natalie’s wellbeing” prior to her death.
“I offer my sincere condolences to Natalie’s family and friends at this difficult time,” Ms Connor said.
Tributes poured in for the “much loved mum, daughter, sister and friend” after the 26-year-old’s death back in August.
Friend Katie Bostock said: “Anyone who knew Natalie would know what a loving, kind, caring beautiful woman she was.
“She touched many lives and has left a massive gap in a lot of people’s lives.
“Natalie would bring laughter and happiness when ever she was around.
“Natalie was a very devoted mum to her two beautiful boys – they were her world.”
A crowdfunding campaign to help Natalie’s family smashed its £800 target within days of being launched.
Ms Connor adjourned the hearing to a future date to make enquiries surrounding the circumstances of Natalie’s death.