Queues likely at Hucknall recycling centre over Easter
People are being warned not to queue dangerously as Hucknall Recycling Centre will be open every day over the Easter Bank Holiday.
The site continues to have social distancing rules in place and queues are expected.
All recycling centres across Nottinghamshire are open seven days a week from 8am to 6pm in March and switch to longer opening times, 8am to 8pm from April to September.
Residents are encouraged to take advantage of the longer opening hours from April and not queue dangerously when sites are busiest, particularly over the Bank Holiday weekend.
Top tips to remember when visiting your local Recycling Centre:
- Recycling Centres can be busy at weekends and over the bank holidays, please don’t visit during peak times unless absolutely necessary.
- Due to social distancing rules, queues are likely at the sites, please remember not to queue dangerously. If you arrive at a site and there is a queue please return at a quieter time.
- Site staff are not currently able to offer assistance so please make sure that you can unload your vehicle and deposit your waste into the appropriate container on your own.
- Only waste from your own home in Nottinghamshire can be accepted.
- A visit will be quicker if waste is sorted before visiting.
The sites accept a wide range of household waste for recycling, including textiles, glass bottles and jars, wood, scrap metal, batteries, garden waste, electrical appliances and even engine and cooking oil.
With the help of Nottinghamshire householders, on average an impressive 80 per cent of the waste received is recycled.