Nottinghamshire councillor Jason Zadrozny has tonight vowed to clear his name after he was charged with raping a boy under the age of 16.
Zadrozny vowed to continue to work as an Ashfield Independents Group councillor as he branded the charges “nonsense” and a “work of fantasy”.
The Nottinghamshire County Council member for Sutton North and Ashfield District Council member for Larwood said: “I said last year I would clear my name and nothing has changed.
“These charges are work of fantasy. The allegations date back more than 13 years and are nonsense.
“I stood as a councillor in May last year and the public saw through any allegations levelled at me by overwhelmingly voting for me.
He said he had asked the Independent Police Complaints Commission to examine Nottinghamshire Police’s investigation into the allegations.
Zadrozny, aged 35, leader of the opposition at the district council, said: “I look forward to clearing my name.
“In the meantime, I will continue to represent my constituents in the conscientious manner they are accustomed to.”
The councillor, who stood for the Liberal Democrats for the Ashfield parliamentary seat in 2010, losing out to current MP Gloria De Piero by just 192 votes, has been charged with three counts of rape of a male under the age of 16, and four counts of indecent assault on a boy under 16, between September 2, 2003 and April 30, 2004 when Mr Zadrozny was in his early 20s.
He has also been charged with three counts of engaging in penetrative sexual activity with a boy aged 13 to 15 between, May 1, 2004 and September 30, 2006
Zadrozny, of Sutton Road, Kirkby,has been bailed to appear at Mansfield Magistrates Court on March 30.