Central Midlands League Round-up: Frodingham off to a flyer

With the first week of the season completed, Appleby Frodingham have got their season in the Black Dragon Badges North division off to a flying start with three straight wins.

By The Newsroom
Monday, 15th August 2016, 9:59 am
Updated Monday, 15th August 2016, 11:04 am

They travelled to new boys Tideswell United and returned from the Peak District with a 3-1 win.

Tideswell made the perfect start, Jack Bradbury putting them in front with just three minutes played, but Stephen McCarron equalised on the half hour and Dayle Hutson got a second a minute before half time. Hutson’s second midway through the second period made the points safe.

AFC Bentley hit double figures for the second time in seven days, hammering Dinnington Town 11-0 at Laughton Road. Shaun Mundy took his personal tally to seven as he scored four, with Gary Mundy, and Courtney Peynado getting two apiece and Rainsford Anthony and Jack Varley also on the scoresheet, the home side also scoring an own goal.

Harworth Colliery heaped more misery on Welbeck Lions in their first game of the season, putting 13 past their battered opponents. A fifth minute own goal set them on their way, Greg Archer added the first of his two with a 13th minute penalty, Tom Pick also scoring twice before Archer put Harworth five up at half-time. Michael Davies, Lee Edmondson and Pick’s third set up a torrid last 15 minutes which saw Danny Dean and Marley Alder net twice, along with one from Sam Winterman.

Dom Swingler’s double put Newark Town two up by half time in their home match with Retford, but the visitors fought back through sub Will Tomlinson and Sam Clarke to level matters.

A fiercely fought game was settled in the 82nd minute as Newark’s Jamie Brooks shot was just strong enough to give the home side a 3-2 win.

It was also close at FC Bolsover where the home side just got the better of Collingham, the final score 3-2. Josh Thomas, Josh Parfitt and Danny Russell shaded it for Bolsover, Collingham replying through a Tom Moore penalty and a goal from Jordan Curtis.

Askern opened their account for the season with a 3-1 defeat of Thorne Colliery. Danny Jones scored on 32 minutes, Josh Taylor doubling the score on the hour before Danny Carver’s third sealed the points. Thorne’s Josh Copeland scored a consolation in the final minute.

A 70th minute Will Earl goal gave Dronfield Town Reserves all three points at Bilsthorpe, while the game between Phoenix and Clay Cross was abandoned after an injury to a Phoenix player with the Millers leading 5-1.

Hucknall Town, who came so close last season in the Black Dragon Badges South division, got their campaign off to an explosive start with a 7-0 defeat of Holbrook St Michaels.

Ashley Whitt put Hucknall on their way with two early goals on his debut, Adam Nelson also scoring twice in the first half. Jamie Crawford made it five before late goals from Jordan Phillips and Matt Bryan rounded things off.

Sherwood Colliery made it two from two after a 3-1 win over Matlock Town Reserves. Josh Waldron opened the scoring on 15 minutes for the Gladiators, Danny Williams levelling three minutes from the break. A second from Williams and a goal from Liam Green ensured maximum points for the Wood.

Teversal Reserves had a successful opening to their first season scored twice in the opening 13 mInutes before Robert Fretwell pulled one back for the hosts. Jordan Ingram restored the two-goal advantage before getting a second after an hour to give Tevie a 4-1 win.

Pinxton bounced back from their opening day defeat with a 3-0 defeat of hosts Blidworth Welfare, a Gary Conway goal dividing the teams at the interval and a Jake Vincent double wrapping up the points.

Swanwick kicked off early against Eastwood Community and got a share of the points in a 3-3 draw. Scorers for the Swans were Henry Brooks, Chris Bradley and Tom Henstock, Eastwood replying through Rory Smith, Jack Smith and Paddy Webb.

It was also all square at Linby Colliery who scored the fastest goal of the day, Aiden Harris giving them a first minute lead against Mickleover RBL.

Troy Smith doubled the lead on 13 minutes, but the Legion salvaged a point as Sam Tozer and Daniel Minto scored in a two minute spell in the second half.

In the YourFootballWorld.Com Reserve division, Alan Hahn put Holbrook Sports one up in six minutes in their match with Hucknall Town. That was as good as it got as the visitors ran in seven of their own, Toby Birch getting two, the others shared between Sean White, Jeremy Moran, Aiden England, Mark Poyser and Ashley Dobb. Ryan Damm’s hat trick gave Staveley a winning start on their return to the league, Bert Marchetta also scoring twice in a 5-1 defeat of Belper Town.

Eastwood Community were 2-1 winners in a double header at Swanwick with Ashley Dove and Adam Potter the scorers, Andy White replying for the Swans, while Mickleover RBL beat Linby Colliery 2-1, the Linby goal scored by Simon Hartshorn.