Brave Barflys stun leaders -- but T8’s are blown away

Battling BARFLYS H2O proved they may yet have a future after upsetting the applecart in the NOTTS SUNDAY MORNING LEAGUE’S Premier Premier Division.

Barflys made a disastrous start to the league season, losing their first five games and failing to score a single goal.

But with the help of a hat-trick by Ben Samuels, they stunned tabletopping Old Colonial in their latest match, holding them to a 4-4 draw.

Barflys even led three times, with Samuels bagging their first goal of the campaign and Tom Coupe netting too to give them a 3-2 advantage early in the second half.

Colonial, who had yet to drop a point this term, responded each time with strikes from Scott Litchfield (2) and Ian Marley. And they looked to have broken Barflys hearts in the closing minutes when Nelson Burgess put them in front for the first time.

But the Hucknall side showed tremendous resolve and salvaged a point when Samuels completed his treble.

DEFENDING champions T8’S suffered their second Premier Premier Division defeat of the season when errors proved costly at Nuthall.

Despite leading twice, thanks to a Damian Mann lob and a superb header from Danny Hayes, the Hucknall side lost 4-2.

Slack marking from a set-piece enabled Tyrone Burton to net the first leveller for Nuthall, who then took advantage of a fierce wind at their backs in the second half and pinned T8’s back.

In the 55th minute, a wind-assisted corner from Jamie Spiers flew straight in. And moments later, midfielder Aaron Ryan was robbed, leaving Spiers an easy task to blast into an empty net, with goalkeeper Jake Pearson out of position.

T8’s continued to battle hard in almost impossible conditions, creating chances that Andy Start and Nick Davies failed to convert. But with ten minutes left, a fourth Nuthall goal, scored by Tobias Richardson, sealed their fate.

T8’S LINE-UP (4-4-2) -- Pearson J./ Conn, Hayes D., Brooks, Short/ Mann, Ryan, Peberday, Ward/ Start A. Gamble.