Clipstone punish time wasting


Hemsworth only have themselves to blame for not collecting three points from their home NCEL Division One clash with Clipstone as the sides finished 1-1 on Saturday.

Their time-wasting late on was punished when the referee added another minute onto the two additional minutes already played and Steve Carty popped up with a late equaliser.

Clipstone actually started the brighter and on two minutes they won the first corner of the game. Lewis Jackson whipped the ball in from the right, which just missed the head of Rob Austin on the far post and went out for a goal kick.

Hemsworth came back and made the next 20 minutes into a fast flowing end-to-end game.

They were awarded a free kick 25 yards out slightly to the left of centre.

The ball was hurtled into the box with some pace and Brandan Shaw got his head to it and away for a Hemsworth corner.

On 22 minutes came the first goal of the game. Hemsworth caught Clipstone on the break and Nash Connolly broke onto the right edge of the area, his low cross finally finding its way to the feet of Robby Crapper, who managed to get enough purchase on the ball to squirm it beyond the wrong footed Ed Eley.

Again the game went to a quick paced end-to-end game as Clipstone played their part and managed three further first half corners without a clear shot on target.

Brett Marshall must have sent his team back out for the second half with a flea in their ears as three minutes into the second half they won yet another corner, this time taken by Ian Hillier from the left side.

Again whipped into the six yard box, it was only half cleared to the edge of the area where Kieran Watson tried his luck with a half volley blasted through the crowded area, with a very fortunate Hemsworth keeper getting his hands to the ball and eventually clearing the danger.

Hemsworth did their best to break up the play, also taking their time with all set pieces, which eventually went against them.

With time running out, Hemsworth were asking the referee how long was he playing?

Still taking their time, the ball went out for a Clipstone throw with two minutes of additional time already played.

Rob Paling took the throw and found the feet of substitute Luke Weaver, who fed Watson on the right and his cross found the head of Steve Carty unmarked on the back post to give Clipstone a share of the spoils.

CLIPSTONE: Eley, Paling, Jackson, Shaw, Austin, Millington, Hillier (Camm), Carty, Wisdom (Weaver), Watson, Armstrong.