Nottingham Forest ladies progress to semi-final stage of FA County Cup

Nottingham Forest Ladies eased into the semi-finals of the Nottinghamshire FA County Cup after crushing Real United 11-0.

By Sports Reporter
Tuesday, 17th December 2013, 9:46 am

The game started evenly with both teams having short spells of possession, before Forest hit the front on 17 minutes when Amber Hughes’ strike was parried by the Real keeper, allowing the alert Meg Howard to slot home the rebound.

Minutes later Forest’s Conroy delivered a weighted ball through to Andi Bell who had to beat Real’s defence before smashing home her first goal of the game.

Bell slotted her second on 35 minutes quickly followed by Amber Hughes converting the fourth goal of the game after good interlink play from O’Neil.

Natasha Meade added the fiveth after latching onto a long ball to strike home with conviction and minutes before the half-time whistle converted her second with a sweet volley.

The second half saw Greaves, Sullivan and Griffin subbed on in place of Clarke, Hughes and Conroy.

Howard collected her second goal of the game early in the second half after shooting from distance to increase Forests’ lead to 7-0.

O’Neill added to the tally after great individual work in beating a flurry of Real players to place her shot tight to the left hand post.

Real’s morale was further dented when Sullivan netted the ninth of the game after good one touch football with captain Reanne Thomas left Sullivan to deftly chip the keeper.

Bell was brought down in the area and swiftly converted the resulting penalty to net her hat-trick 10 minutes from time.

Real United had their best chance late in the game after they rattled crossbar.

Greaves then slotted home from close range to finish the goalscoring.

Nottingham Forest: Kinnerley, O’Neill, Hollingsworth, Conroy (61 minutes), McLoughlin, Clarke (45 minutes), Bell, Thomas, Meade, Howard, Hughes (45 minutes)

Subs: Greaves (45 minutes), Sullivan (45 minutes) Griffin (61 minutes).