WATCH:Bulwell pegged back against Blidworth

Bulwell drew 2-2 with Blidworth on a day which saw them collect the team of the month award for January.

Bulwell were much the better team for the first half hour and should have been well ahead, before Blidworth came back in to the game.

Bulwell v Blidworth'Bulwell score inside the first couple of minutes of the first half.

Bulwell v Blidworth'Bulwell score inside the first couple of minutes of the first half.

Conor Carter released Jake Fisher direct from the kick off and Fisher then squared the ball only for Leon Roberts to be inches away from opening the scoring after 13 seconds.

The Bulls hadn’t finished though and Richard Saunders did open the scoring after 43 seconds with a thunderous effort from 18 yards that Blidworth keeper Sam Henderson was unable to hold.

Fisher and Saunders all had half chances to increase the bulls advantage, before Carter then produced a bit of magic wto lob the goalkeeper from close range to double the lead.

The game was almost half an hour old before Blidworth began to find a way forward.

Bulwell should have added a third when top marksman Jake Fisher was sent clear with only the keeper to beat, but his effort was a poor one and the keeper saved well with his legs.

The visitors then got back in to the content when Theakstone proved his value with a very good finish finding the top corner to halve the deficit.

Blidworth continued to press and they were reaping the rewards with Theakstone, Easom and Green all guilty of failing to convert.

No changes were made during the interval and Bulwell came out much the same as they did for the first period with Carter seeing his effort go wide.

Liam Towle was the sent on on the hour mark at the expense of Leon Roberts to put a little more desire into proceedings with fresh legs, while Blidworth also introduced Danny Bacon with Curzon being replaced.

Blidworth were the better team and when they did eventually find the equaliser it was of no surprise to those watching on the sidelines.

Lee Easom found the bottom corner, although Matt Simpson did get a fingertip to the ball but was unable to deny the goal.

With 12 minutes remaining it looked an odds on bet that the visitors would now go on and take all three points.

But the Bulls remained resolute and stifled out any chance of Blidworth getting a third,

The bulls had Fisher & Carter again go close late on, but a draw was probably a fair reflection on the game.