There have been reports of a resurgence in panic buying following news of a second wave of Covid-19. When the pandemic first began, supermarket shoppers found it difficult to get their hands on essentials like pasta, flour and toilet paper.
In an effort to curb panic buying and keep kitchens well stocked, Morrisons has released a new ‘Store Cupboard Essentials’ food box.
The company said, “This box features tasty items to help you prepare delicious meals at home.
“From essentials such as rice and pasta, to curry meal kits, sauce mixes and long life milk, there’s plenty of choice. You’ll also find a few treats in there too, such as sweets and biscuits, as well as household essential loo roll.”
The store cupboard essentials box contains the following items:
- Morrisons Fusilli 500g
- Morrisons Basmati Rice 500g
- Morrisons Tomato & Basil Stir In Sauce 155g
- Morrisons Passata 500g
- Morrisons Fad Free Tuna Chunks In Spring Water 3 X 80g
- Morrisons Chickpeas In Water (400g) 240g
- Pataks Tikka Masala 3 Step Curry Meal Kit 313g
- Morrisons Cream Of Tomato Soup 400g
- Morrisons Vegetable Soup 400g
- Morrisons Red Kidney Beans (400g) 240g
- Morrisons Chilli Con Carne Mix 41g
- Morrisons Simmer Sauce Cheese Mix 30g
- Branston Baked Beans 4 X 410g
- Morrisons Sweet Corn In Water 198g
- Morrisons Long Life British Semi Skimmed Milk 1l
- Morrisons Cornflakes 500g
- Morrisons Wine Gums 227g
- Morrisons Custard Creams 400g
- Morrisons Bake At Home Crusty White Rolls
- Morrisons Toilet Tissue White 4 Per Pack
How to get one
To get your hands on one, you’ll need to head over to the Morrisons website and create an account. If you already have an account, simply log in.
Then select what kind of box you want. Morrisons has a variety of different food boxes you can choose from, including one-off boxes like the British Food Box, the Big Night In Box and the Assorted Fish Box.
Alternatively, you can opt for a regular subscription box, such as the Lean Meat Subscription Box, Vegan Essentials Subscription Box and Gluten Free Subscription Box. The subscription boxes range between weekly, fortnightly and monthly deliveries.
Once you’ve chosen your box, add it to your basket and check out on the website. You can choose a delivery date that suits you, and if you order before 3pm then you can even get it the very next day.
The boxes are delivered contact-free, so you will be alerted when the delivery driver has arrived, and they will place it on your doorstep.
How much does it cost?
The box costs £20.
Morrisons says “there is no separate delivery charge for a Food Box” and that “next day delivery is included in the displayed price of your Food Box or your chosen subscription package.”