More misery for Tevie after latest defeat

It was not a good day at the office on Saturday for Teversal as they went down 3-1 to struggling Dinnington.

With Teversal coming off the back of a 7-2 drubbing at the hands of high-flying Shaw Lane Aquaforce, it was important for them to get off to a good start at home.

They could not have gotten off to a worse start however; with three minutes on the clock the visitors went ahead from Liam Cartledge’s penatly.

Tevie’s misery was doubled just after the ten minute mark when Ryan Brooks spilt the ball followng a challenge from Grant Allot.

The referee waved play on allowing Allott to easily tap home.

It was not until five minutes before half time that the hosts mustered their first meaningful effort on goal when skipper Sean Dickinson dragged his left shot just wide of the post.

One minute later Dinnington could have had the game wrapped up before half-time but Ryan Brooks pulled off a brilliant double save.

Teversal came out of half time much improved. Brad Cox had the ball 10 yards out and looked to be clear on goal but an excellent challenge from Tom Fairweather prevented him from pulling a goal back.

There were shouts for a penalty as Fairweather came in from behind but was adjudged to have got the ball before the man by the referee.

There was another good chance for the home side to get back into the game 10 minutes into the second half.

A good cross from the right by Will Harcourt was met by the head of Triston Burrell. The striker did not get enough on the ball as it went wide of the far post.

Then with 20 minutes to go Teversal got the goal their second half performance deserved.

After Greg Tobin was fouled, Jacob Ashley lined a free-kick up from 25 yards and drilled it home off the inside of the post

Dinnington did not lie down though and regained their two goal lead just four minutes later.

After Ryan Brooks had turned another Grant Allott shot behind the visitors had a corner.

The ball was delivered and not cleared by Tevie and Cartledge was on hand to knock in his second and the Yorkshire side’s third.

The game would end with 3-1 and the loss leaves Teversal 13th in the table with 43 points from their 32 games played.

Up next for Teversal is a trip to Hall Road Rangers who sit directly below them in the table with just one point separating them.

TEVERSAL: Brooks, Harcourt, Starbuck, Craig Newton, Ashley, Schofield, Cox (Bamford 85 mins), Dickinson, Burrell (Townsend 80 mins), Tobin, Robinson. Subs not used: Walker, Williams.

REFEREE: John Oldfield (South Yorkshire).


Related topics: